Welcome to the fusion of Music and Plastic!
The Musical Brick showcases custom Lego mini-figures of some of our favourite artists and in particular the weird and wonderful costumes of Peter Gabriel. Most of the pieces used are official Lego elements. However, some elements, such as the Magog mask have been custom made.
This project really took off during the end of 2014 when Real World Studios contacted me in regard to the Bat-Wings mini-figure. From this pivotal moment I began to design and prototype the other costumes of this era and create an online platform to show them.
We are very honoured to have the endorsement of Peter Gabriel who is a fan 🙂
It has also been wonderful to get in contact with so many amazing people who also enjoy the music of Peter Gabriel, Genesis and others. I would therefore like to give special thanks to the following people:
- My wife Bevlyn
- Peter Gabriel
- Phil Collins
- Steve Hackett
- Bill Bruford
- Jerry Marotta (The Security Project)
- Steve Hogarth (Marillion)
- The Book of Genesis (Tribute Band)
- Gabriel Foux (Genesis App)
- Andrew Stanton (Pixar)
- Ian Button (Papernut Cambridge, Death in Vegas)
- Taylor Rae Hillestad (Taylor Rae Art & Design)
- Riccardo Maini of the Genesis 50th anniversary group
- The admin of In the Beginning
- Gane Galad of Steve Hackett Appreciation Society
- Robert Mead
- Alan Green
Musical Brick Founder
To create Lego representations of the music icons I admire has been extremely enjoyable to design and build. In particular, the 70’s progressive rock era costumes really make the mini-figures very distinctive and unique; for this I have to thank Peter Gabriel for the inspiration.
June 2016: A visit to Peter Gabriel’s Realworld studios
September 2017: Lego Mellotron featured on the album cover of Mellotron Phase